Most Expensive Teas in The World

The top most expensive brands of teas come from Asian countries. Learn more about the teas and Understand what makes them so special and so high-priced.

Da-Hong Pao Tea – $1.2 Million Per KG
Da-Hong Pao Tea is the most expensive in the world. This variety has been declared a national treasure by the Chinese government and dates back to the Ming Dynasty. The process used during harvesting remains a closely guarded secret. It is often presented as a gift to dignitaries and honorable people.

PG Tips Diamond Tea – $15000 Per Tea bag
What makes PG Tips Diamond tea so expensive? There are 2 reasons; Tea Bags are filled with a rare variety called Silver Tips Imperial Tea and The tea packets are embellished with diamond with every tea bag consisting of 280 bits of diamonds. The glittering tea bags were sold for a charity in Manchester, England. soon the idea gave manufactures a million-dollar project.

Panda Dung Tea – $7000 Per KG
To create this special tea, the tea tree is fertilized with panda dung. Pandas live on a diet of bamboo shoots and they absorb 30 percent of the nutrients. The remaining 70 percent of the nutrients are lost in excrement. The idea is that the nutrients in the panda dung are absorbed by the tea tree. when it officially went on the market, the tea become the world’s most expensive tea.

Vintage Narcissus Tea – $6500 Per KG
This vintage Narcissus tea is actually harvested in the Wuyi Mountains and is fired once in two years, which helps the extra moisture to dry out. One of the most exquisite Chinese teas, it is oxidized to about 60%. The Vintage Narcissus leaves produce a wooden, floral, and chocolaty flavor profile. One of the most expensive teas in the world.

Tieguanyin Tea – $3000 Per KG
Named after the Buddhist deity, Guan Yin, the tea is known to be precious. With a perfect blend of green and black tea, the leaves of the Tieguanyin can be brewed for as many as seven times. Yes, the taste and aroma would be retained even after the number of uses reaches 7.

Yellow Gold Buds Tea – $3000 Per KG
Found in the Singapore region, Yellow Gold Buds leaves are literally painted with gold. As per Asian beliefs, gold is considered to be healthy for an individual’s health. Thanks to the presence of real gold on the leaves, Yellow Gold Buds has found itself on the expensive tea list.

Poo Poo Pu-Erh Tea – $1000 Per KG
Just as the name goes, the tea essence extracted is not from the leaves but the excreta of a plethora of insects that can be found on the plants. Handpicked by farmers in the Taiwan region of China, the process is very intricate as tweezers are used to extract the excreta.

Gyokuro Tea – $650 Per KG
Gyokuro is majorly harvested in the Uji city of Japan. It is one of the sweeter teas that can be found in the world and has a distinct and beautiful aroma. The tea is actually made without crushing the leaves.

Silver Tips Imperial Tea – $400 Per KG
Silver Tips is a Darjeeling speciality. It is also called as the Jewel in the Crown of India’s tea treasures and is a type of Oolong tea. Silver Tips Imperial is basically a handmade semi-fermented Oolong tea with light liquoring and is the costliest of the Darjeeling teas. Interestingly, the tea leaves are only plucked on full moon days and nights of the plucking season.

Tienchi Flower Tea – $170 Per KG
The scientific name of Tienchi flowers is Panax Notoginseng. The tea is considered to be the healthiest in the world as it helps cure all kinds of ailments. Right from skin concerns to insomnia, Tienchi flower can help you with all kinds of issues. In fact, it also helps boost the immune system.


Sparkling Actress Swastima Khadka Sajina Khanal won Miss Elegance at Miss World Tourism 2023 Superstar Rajesh Hamal Spotted Dancing in Teej Song Shoot! Actress Priyanka Karki’s Heartwarming Family Adventure